Thank you to everyone who rated this book. You have successfully convinced me to read this book.
Mariko was not supposed to have been tried to murder. But she was. Mariko thinks that the Black Clan tried to murder her. So she decides to infiltrate the Black Clan to see who paid the Black Clan to try and kill her. After all, the Black Clan does not usually rob norimonos with women and children in them. Mariko does not really care that the norimono is burned but she does care that someone tried to kill her. Mariko was always called strange because she wanted to learn things, and opposed to being carted around the country like common goods to marry some unknown prince. Mariko loves find out the answers to questions. So, when the Black Clan captures her she decides to find the answers to her questions. But, Mariko finds friends, love, and so much more.
What I Liked
- Mariko: Mariko is so strong. She is what everyone would want in a strong YA leading lady. Her plan though simple was very intelligently devised. I think that Mariko might be one of my favorite leading ladies of all time.
- The Plot Twist: The plot twist was amazing!!!!!!! I was thinking, this plot is so boring, and then BOOM. The book lead me away from my beautiful train of thought and into uncharted plot territory. I loved it!!!
- Kension: Kension loved his sister so much. The love made me cry. Kension did some bad things, but only to find his sister. His unstopping hunt for Mariko was so sweet. Even though it did turn out bad for everyone in the end. Kension may have been my favorite character in the book.
What I Disliked
- Raiden: Raiden was not the bad guy. But I still hated him. I think that Raiden will abuse Mariko (his wife) quite a bit. A husband who abuses his wife is a bad guy. I hate people who do that.
- The Tree: So there was a tree in the book. I don’t know it’s name. it drank people’s blood. I think that is just cruel. Think of this: You were hungry and you stole some food. You got caught and sorry, your thrown to the tree to die. To me that is just wrong.
- Raiden’s Stepmom: Raiden’s stepmom was just mean. At the end of the book she pushed her husband’s head into his favorite pond and accused a servant of doing it. She was a terrible person.
Well, Flame of the Mist is a really good book. Everyone should read it. I think that if you don’t like this book then you don’t have feelings. Four Stars. Thanks for Reading!!!! Have a Great Day!!!! -annaleeliz and Buttons